Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Making of Orange Chiffon Cake

Hi everyone,


Recently I have been trying so hard to master the technique in baking Chiffon Cake. Therefore, I am keep trying to do all sort of Chiffon Cake. This time, I am baking Orange Chiffon Cake with the recipe from www.joyofbaking.com. I have watched her video on Youtube and the outcome seems great. I just try it even though orange flavour is not my favorite. But it turn out pretty well and everyone seems to be loving it.

As usual, I would like to share my baking experience with you. Here is the recipe adapted from joyofbaking.com and I have made slight changes to it:

Ingredients:


Part A
3 egg yolks
113 grams sifted self raising flour
60 grams superfine white sugar (caster sugar)
A pinch of teaspoon salt
1 tablespoons grated orange zest (outer orange skin)
60 ml corn oil
90 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Part B
4 egg whites
40 grams sugar
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar

First of all, I put the flour, sugar, salt and orange zest to a big bowl and mix well. Then I make a well in the middle and pour in the egg yolks, orange juice, oil and vanilla extract. I mix everything up with a balloon whisk until well mixed.

After that, I whisk the egg whites in a clean metal bowl until foamy. Then I add in the cream of tartar and continue whisking until soft peak. I started adding in the sugar bit by bit and whisk it until stiff peak. I added one third of the egg whites to the egg yolks batter and mix it until well combined. Then I fold in the rest of the whites gently. Lastly, I pour the batter into the tube pan.

The oven was preheated to 170 degree C 10 minutes before. I bake the cake in the oven for 45 minutes. Soon after I have taken out the cake from the oven, I have inverted it and let it cool upside down.

That's it for now. Thanks for reading:)

~ By Nicole with love ~


No comments:

Post a Comment