Wednesday, May 15, 2013

First attempt: Double Soft Bread

Hi everyone,

Recently I have gotten a few cookbooks from the Big Bad Wolf book fair in MITC, Melaka. I have read through a book titled "Making bread at home". This book doesn't have a lot of recipe but more to the history of bread and the type of bread. However, it do have some recipes at the ending. I have come across the Japanese bread section and I saw the Double Soft Bread. As I am a big fan of really soft bread, it does attract my attention to bake it. However, the recipe of this bread is not given. Therefore, I have searched it online and I found the recipe from mybakingcottage.blogspot.com.

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
320gm Bread flour (I uses about 30gm extra as my dough seem rather sticky)
3gm Dry yeast
38gm Egg (1 small egg)
4 gm Salt
160gm Water
35gm Whipping cream
33gm Honey
16gm Butter

Basically, I mix everything together except the butter and stir till all the ingredients are well combined. Then I added the butter. I find the the dough is still sticky. Hence, I added a tablespoon of flour at a time until the dough no longer stick to my hand. Then, I continue kneading until the dough could be stretch till barely see my finger from the back without breaking. The dough was left to rise for an hour until double in size. After that, I punch down the dough and knead it a few times to release the air bubble. This step is crucial. If you do not release the air bubble, you will ended up having bread with big whole. After kneading for a while,I form it into ball and place it in my bread tin. It was left to proof for second time until it is double in size again.

I have preheated the oven to 200 degree C. Then the bread was bake in the oven for 10 minutes. The temperature was then reduced to 175 degree C and continue to bake for another 25 minutes.

That's it. Thanks for reading!

~By Nicole with love~

1 comment: