Monday, May 13, 2013

First attempt: Hakkaido Cupcakes

Hi everyone,

Recently, my sister have tagged me in a recipe for Hokkaido Cupcakes in Facebook. I have a look on it and I find that it is quite interesting. Hence, I did it. For me, I feel the cake part is fine but the cream is totally a disaster. I just don't get it. I am really poor in making cream. I mean any kind of cream. I can't even beat whipping cream well. LOL.

However, here is the recipe I have used:

Hokkaido Cupcake:
Part A
135gm Butter
45gm Vegetable Oil (Corn Oil)
25gm Granulated Sugar

Part B
135gm Low Protein Flour

Part C
135gm Egg Yolks (around 7 medium size egg yolks)

Part D
270gm Egg Whites (around 7 medium size egg whites)
50gm Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar

First of all, I put (A) in a saucepan and heat it up slightly. Then I add in the sifted flour and mix well. The mixture was then leave aside to cool. I then added the egg yolks and gradually stirring until all well combined.

After that, I whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar in a clean bowl until it is frothy. Then I add half of the sugar and continue whisking until form soft peak. The rest of the sugar is added in after form soft peak and whisk until stiff peak.

One third of the egg whites are added into the egg yolks mixture and stir till combine. Then, the rest of the egg white are folded in. I have filled the cupcake case till 80% full.

The oven has been preheated to 180 degree C. Then, the cupcake was baked for 15 minutes.

Ingredients (Cream filling):
Part A
45gm Egg Yolk (Around 4 medium size egg yolks)
30gm Granulated Sugar

Part B
10gm Low Protein Flour
10gm Corn Flour

Part C
250gm Milk
10gm Granulated Sugar
Vanilla Essence

Part D
20 gm Unsalted Butter

Part E
100gm Whipping Cream

Firstly, I beat (A) together until pale white and creamy. Then I added in both the flours(sifted) and stir well. I have bring (C) to a boil. Half of the hot milk mixture are slowly pour into the egg yolks mixture and stir constantly. Then the combined egg yolks mixture are pour back to the milk. The egg yolks and milk mixture were brought back to the stove and cook till thicken. After the mixture thicken, I have removed it from the heat and leave it aside to cool. I seal it with cling film after it is completely cool. The film is touching the surface to ensure no hard layer form.

Lastly, I beat the whipping cream until stiff peak. Then I fold it into the mixture that has been refrigerated for a while. The mixture was then place back to the fridge until ready to use.

That's it for the process of making Hakkaido Cupcakes by me...Hope you enjoy it :)

Thanks for reading!

~ By Nicole with love ~

No comments:

Post a Comment